cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network rejected. Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello grin I am new and I am having some problems. I am on pay monthly and have a samsung phone (fairly new at that) and this evening it has started playing up. After a few minutes of each call, it cuts out and says 'network rejected'. I have called several different places and numbers, mobile and landline and it keeps happening.

I called O2 who said to wipe the sim card....and then the 'network rejected' and ended the call.

Has anyone had this before? Is it a network issue, or is it my phone? If I put my card in another handset might that fix it perhaps?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had same issue with my mobile broadband called O2 and they told me the GPRS had been knocked out so i'm guessing that's what's happened to your phone.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
is the sim card in firmly? sometimes if you move the phone and its loose and moves around the contacts can mistouch and cause a 'dropout' - I dunno what o2 mean by 'wiping the sim' as that wont do anything??? - cant see how removing your contacts and messages will fix it

I think its either LOOSE or the SIM itself is dodgy and needs a new one

Is this for mobile broadband aswell as calls?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
is the sim card in firmly? sometimes if you move the phone and its loose and moves around the contacts can mistouch and cause a 'dropout' - I dunno what o2 mean by 'wiping the sim' as that wont do anything??? - cant see how removing your contacts and messages will fix it

I think they mean physically wiping the SIM - dirt and grease from fingers etc on the gold contacts can cause problems.

SV
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they mean physically wiping the SIM - dirt and grease from fingers etc on the gold contacts can cause problems.
SV

DUH! - silly me lol
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I tried wiping the sim (physically with my sleeve! Not removing everything on it.... :D) and it has been ok for the last few calls. But just now it has cut out again.

I really don't know what to do.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I tried wiping the sim (physically with my sleeve! Not removing everything on it.... :D) and it has been ok for the last few calls. But just now it has cut out again.
I really don't know what to do.

try the phone with another sim to be sure it IS the sim card

if it IS it will need replacing
Message 7 of 7