cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning all!
I've been testing all networks to see which one is the most suitable for me.
I've found that o2/Vodafone have very little to no coverage within three miles where I live, but further on I get good service on both networks.
I can use wifi when at home but as soon as I step out of the front door and out of the house I cannot use the phone.
I've also tested THREE/EE and they are much better (if the mast isn't down) but they seem to be down more often than they are online.
I check the online coverage and what is really interesting is that o2 know about the issue and it says (Our network is very busy in this area
So at certain times of the day you might experience slower data. Sorry about that. But we're working to make it better for you.)
This status has been the same since January this year. I do appreciate that these things take time to put right, but I would've thought six months would been enough.
I'm really frustrated having six mobile phones and not one network that is half decent.
Have any of you been in a similar situation?

Thanks
SLisha
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Exactly the reason why I have a dual SIM phone. O2 in one slot and EE in the other.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5,
I have a dual SIM phone and it does make it easier but although I get good coverage when EE's mast is up and running I'm lucky if it lasts two out of four weeks of the month before it goes down again. O2 on the other hand says we're working hard to fix it and nothing changes.

Thanks for your input and have a great weekend
SLISHA
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143470 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for the update
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Yep try living in north Wales all networks not good lol
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably waiting for access permission.

Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35248 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Hmm. Looks like a case of "account closed" - that was quick!

Was it something we said? 😑
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liggerz87 

Likely to be due to the challenge of getting the supporting infrastructure to the sites required (power and data)

Message 8 of 9

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
True plus in Wales if say a tree is 10 feet the mast can't be higher than it
Message 9 of 9