cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone having problems with receiving messages or making calls?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
No, fine for me. Have you checked its not your handset?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have reported a network issue to O2 Customer Service yesterday. Basically I have been getting cut off, the person at the other end of the phone hears a loud noise, I sound like a dalek and then get cut off. I have tried 3 different handsets, AND a new SIM card. It's been like this for a few days now.

Calls are ok when away from this area.

It's been over 24 hours now, O2 seem a bit slow in fixing these issues. I cant see a 'Network Status' page on the O2 website. A bit naff really.

:robotsurprised:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like the network problems in the Brentwood area have been fixed now.

At last..................:)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like the O2 engineers are only capable of resetting their equipment, not actually fixing it! Have Networt Services ref: 5865255 :womanindifferent:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@eric_cranston That's the exact same problem, amongst many others I've been having on O2 as well. Good description and the same one I used to O2 about sounding like a Dalek! Often there appears to be no dip in signal strength, my network appears to be the common problem, as it happens if I ring landlines or mobiles, and probably happens on about 1 in 6 calls in the area between Aylesbury and Oxford. Other times the line will just go completely dead, sometimes it will come back eventually, other times it cuts off, other times there appears to be no chance of it coming back so you have to end the call, once again, no apparent dip in signal shown on the phone. This has probably been happening for the last 2 to 3 weeks.

I've also been suffering for months with calls not getting through to my phone, despite having a perfect signal, it just won't ring and goes straight through to voicemail, text messages and voicemails are often delayed, sometimes for several hours. Data is erratic to say the least, and O2 don't appear to be able to find a solution, I'm not the only one apparently, but their usual suggestion is try another new SIM card and we'll replace the phone, phone number 3 and SIM card number 3, same problems, still!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eric, is this 2G your having difficulty with?
Normally sounding like a Darlek is a problem with an Echo Canceller, these do fail and are normally fixed if they are picked up, the ones that are not picked up are when there are partial failures so there wont be an alarm for it.

Also when a fault with an echo canceller is fixed (normally a card replacement), the card is monitored for traffic by letting in a few circuits first and waiting for them to be picked up and voice quality monitored both ways on a few devices before opening up that circuit group fully for traffic, the network engineers (those who deal with the core issues) are very good at their job and take pride in wanting to get all issues fixed, most of the issues you see are not fixed by the main network guys who are trained engineers with years of experience each, and its only as a last resort that issues will be passed on to them as they are busy monitoring and maintaining the network on a daily basis grin
Message 7 of 7