Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Coverage

J-Stillwell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I've been experiencing terrible network coverage wherever I go in the UK for almost a year now. I've been in to my local O2 store multiple times to have this issue resolved, yet nothing has been done. My device has been checked for any issues, none what so ever. I've replaced the SIM and even swapped SIMs with a friend who is with EE. After putting the EE SIM in my phone, and them having my O2 SIM, they experienced terrible signal and mine was absolutely fine.

I've been aware for a year now that my local mast is down, and I get told every time it's being sorted ASAP. At this rate, it seems like this is never going to be resolved!

I shouldn't have to be paying a monthly fee for a product that is not fit for purpose! I want this sorted!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@J-Stillwell 

Coverage is variable across the UK indeed no mobile phone network guarantees 100% service / coverage.. 

EE have good signal in some places such as the peak district (as historically Orange) and diabolical in others such as in parts of Leeds, Sheffield and Central London. 

Where have you been having issues? (post codes are useful)

Mast issues can take a while to resolve especially as they need to arrange access to where the mast is and in some cases request planning permission to replace it 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@J-Stillwell 

The fastest way out is to pay off your device plan and cancel your airtime which leaves you free to get a SIM only deal from EE.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you tried to report it using the my network app?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4