cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA and more

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with O2 for very long time - probably since it started trading in UK...

In June last year (2014) I changed my tariff - Although I did not have 4G enabled phone I went for 4G tarrif as I anticipated to upgrade to Iphone 6 when available

when the tariff switch took place I completely lost access to internet - no 2G, no 3G, no gprs, no E....

Obviously I contacted helpdesk and that was extreemely painful experience - everytime i called, I was taken through the same checklist... check my network settings... reset my phone ... restart my phone... I was sent no less than 4 new sim cards and the best advice was to pay upfront and send my phone fo repair.. because according to guru with the name Elvis my phone was broken.  Thankfully I refused to do that, mainly because when I used my son's SIM card in my phone - alll was working fine = i knew there was something wrong with my account. 

This was going on for the best part of 2 weeks.  Towards the end I really wanted to leave o2 - but tried one more time to talk to somebody senior in their customer services.  After many unsuccessfull atempts I got through to a lovely chap called Joe Green (or something like that) who said " I have been here for very long time and I know where to look " - in less than 2 minutes I had 3G and the life was wonderfull again - I really should have complained then but I was just so happy ...

... until I changed my phone to Iphone 6.  Initially all was fine, I had 3G signal.... only when i travelled to London over Christmas I realized that my son who has identical phone and  is on identical tariff, has good 4G signal nearly everywhere while I only had 3G.

...so I called the helpdesk again. I was told that there is some mismatch between "front and back office" and that it will take five working days to fix.  well I waited 3 weeks, made multiple trips to London and had no luck with 4G. 

.... so i called the helpdesk again... this time i was told that somebody "was tinkering with my account" and not everything is as it should be blah blah blah... and that they would disconnect and then connect my account again and all will be great.  Well it isn't .... I dont have DATA again, nothing not even 2G....

.... so I called the helpdesk again... this time I was told to wait another 5 working days due to "provisioning issue".

<rant>

Well Mr.O2 - I have been paying for one of your most expensive tariffs for a very long time while I was getting very substandard service - I am planning to do everything I can to get my money back...

</rant>

Am I alone with these type of issue, what is this provisioning issue, will it fix my problem ... or should I just get the PAC code and go someplace else?

thank you for your advice

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad they could sort it for you @Anonymous Do come back if you have any more questions?
Message 22 of 22