cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIL service since 5 November

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since 5 Nov 2014 I have had nil service, or at best on the very odd occasion one bar, on my phone and O2 keep advising me that the mast is being fixed/undergoing maintenance/awaiting access to mast etc etc.  Well, it just isn't good enough!!!!  TuGo maybe ok for calls & text but not for anything else and it and the lack of service seems to run the battery down very quickly.

I persuaded 17 others from my practice to change to O2 who all suffer the same at present and it looks like we will all be changing to EE/Vodafone if things don't change more quickly to the level of service we had before 5 Nov.  It is also extremely embarassing when I'm on call and away from my limited wifi coverage.

O2 what are you doing?   

LL65 4UP

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

What does your http://status.o2.co.uk say please ?

Edit I see "
Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.
Updated 18:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

You can also ask for a text to be sent to you about its progress now too.
Message 2 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You can now call CS and request text or email updates regarding the status of the service in your area.
It won't help fix the issue any quicker but at least it will keep you informed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to the forum

It certainly would be a nightmare for your practice if you are all having the same problems. To be honest it may well be a change of supplier is the only way to go.

Try a few different PAYG sims to see which gives you the best service....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

So almost 7 weeks. I would be calling customer service when the issue is fixed for a goodwill gesture!

Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I may add.

O2 Customer Services have been known to give a Goodwill Gesture for prolonged downtime.

This won't help your connection I know but at least you may not be out of pocket for paying for a service not being supplied.

Maybe Ring them when your connection / masts are restored.

They don't have to offer anything as this is covered in their T&C.

As your out of your cooling off period you would need to pay the remaining amount of months off minus any insurance and bolt on's if applicable or if on Refresh pay off the handset plan and ask for a P.A.C Code.

Quashing of contracts by O2 as far as I know is rare although it's happened , with the sending back of the phone too I believe.
Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

If there was ongoing work on the masts and now it's down completely it's not a bad thing necessarily. Obviously at the moment it doesn't feel that way but I'll elaborate : this means either the mast went without warning and obviously will have absolute priority or the work that was being done is finalised and they switched it off temporarily to implement the changes. 

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The problem is this is obviously a GP practice suffering these problems. As they are all on O2 it could pretty well be crisis point. I would change as quickly as possible if this was anything to do with me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Would you not have a landline?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 22