cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had a number appear on my bill which I didn't recognise but had been called numerous times, mostly within seconds of each other. It is also an O2 mobile number and when I did intentionally ring it to see who it belonged to, it went to voicemail every time.

This number caused my bill to increase from an average of £20.00 to over £100.00!

O2 refused to refund the money as they said the number had been called from my phone but why would I repeatedly dial the same number which isn't even in my contacts within seconds of the previous?

The number (which ended 9167) now comes up as unavailable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Call Customer Services on 202 and see if you can get someone who is a bit more sympathetic. How do you know that the number is an O2 mobile number?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Call Customer Services on 202 and see if you can get someone who is a bit more sympathetic. How do you know that the number is an O2 mobile number?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Google the whole number and see if any others have had a similar problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the response. the bill actually states O2 to O2 but when I actually dialled it, it went to O2 voicemail as well. the annoying thing is; when I queried it on O2 online chat support, they said it was obviously a mistake and the money would be refunded on my next bill. It wasn't. When I queried it again online they refused to refund saying the calls had been made from my phone. These calls weren't just over a couple of days but when I looked into it I saw the number had started appearing on my bill the previous month as well.

But I think i'll take your advice and actually speak to support on the phone.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can ask o2 to do a network investigation and that will tell them that you didnt make the calls slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they insist the calls came from my phone, my Feb bill had 192 texts and 45 voice calls, 34 in March to this number and my May bill had 164 voice calls, mostly one after the other and lasting seconds each. My HTC shuts down after 30 seconds and I need to unlock it to make a call so there is no way I could accidentally call this number. They have offered to refund £20.00 for mistakingly telling me via online chat that they would fully refund the money.

I'm afraid when my contracts run out in June I'll be terminating all 3 of them. I can't afford to stay here!

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same has happened to me only it was two long distAnce numbers none which. Recognise from m phone and I certainly wouldn't call abroad! One of the calls is for 83.00 pounds!!!! They have said that it's my doing and they were made from my phkne
Message 7 of 7