Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new A5 set up

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Drum So far so good i have used Samsung Switch and am now setting my phone up how i want it.

You can all breathe normal for the moment wink

But i may be back when i find i have a problem joy

Sim or sd card not been inserted yet slight_smile

Hope you have washed your hair @MI5 LOL

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum, it's been a few days since you guys were discussing your new A5 here so just wanted to drop by and ask how you're finding the phone at the moment? slight_smile Are you enjoying it so far?

Hi @Marjo

I am loving my new A5 phone now i have got it all set up how i like it. 

Last night it updated to Oreo cant say i have noticed any difference in it from what i had before Oreo.

I am sure @MI5 @jonsie @Cleoriff or someone will know slight_smile

Takes great photos and the texting is nice and clear .

Also its loud so i can hear it when i get a text or it rings had to download the Samsung whistle from Zedge fancy buying a Samsung phone and it not having the Whistle for when i get a text message slight_smile

Message 11 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
New Oreo features highlighted here https://www.android.com/versions/oreo-8-0/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Poppysmum, it's been a few days since you guys were discussing your new A5 here so just wanted to drop by and ask how you're finding the phone at the moment? slight_smile Are you enjoying it so far?

Hi @Marjo

I am loving my new A5 phone now i have got it all set up how i like it. 

Last night it updated to Oreo cant say i have noticed any difference in it from what i had before Oreo.

I am sure @MI5 @jonsie @Cleoriff or someone will know slight_smile

Takes great photos and the texting is nice and clear .

Also its loud so i can hear it when i get a text or it rings had to download the Samsung whistle from Zedge fancy buying a Samsung phone and it not having the Whistle for when i get a text message slight_smile

Thank you @MI5 looks interesting .

Must say i dont like those Oreo biscuits lol

Message 13 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome to hear you're pleased with it @Poppysmum! Thanks for the update. Good to know it's loud for text messages, might be useful to know for those who have problems with hearing. Did you get a phone cover/case for it too?

@MI5 Cheers for that link. Interesting website with all the interactive elements there. Useful to check the latest Android features. Maybe we could have a recurring topic here on the forum whenever a new Android version is out so people could easily see a list of what's included in each update and comment about it. That site looks like a great resource for that. slight_smile

Edited to add, I love Oreo biscuits. grin Although I used to just lick the middle off and leave the hard outer bits. tongue 

Message 14 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PoppysmumMy new Note 8 has Oreo, my Note 4 didn't. I don't particularly like change so I made the mistake of continuing to use the Note 4, even though the Note 8 was set up ready to go. I should have jumped in feet first innocent

It's been a massive learning curve for me as I had loads of help setting up my Note 3, My Note 4 came already set up...and so the Note 8 was an alien thing.clown

I struggled, and am still getting there. Only yesterday I realised I couldn't download a picture sent via MMS.(this has nothing to do with Oreo, more to do with buying the phone from Amazon sim free and cutting my old sim down to fit the new phone). I had to change the APN settings. Fear...quite pleased that I managed to do it. 4 years ago I couldn't even tell you what APN settings were...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Awesome to hear you're pleased with it @Poppysmum! Thanks for the update. Good to know it's loud for text messages, might be useful to know for those who have problems with hearing. Did you get a phone cover/case for it too?

@MI5 Cheers for that link. Interesting website with all the interactive elements there. Useful to check the latest Android features. Maybe we could have a recurring topic here on the forum whenever a new Android version is out so people could easily see a list of what's included in each update and comment about it. That site looks like a great resource for that. slight_smile

Edited to add, I love Oreo biscuits. grin Although I used to just lick the middle off and leave the hard outer bits. tongue 

Yes its got a case and a screen protector i went to market and asked guy on stall to put my protector on think he said it was paneer glass @MI5 will know what i mean haha.

Case is black with a gold edge the sort that opens like a book i wanted one with colourful animal paws on but couldnt get one with black bit that phone slots into 😞 only found phone slot white wouldnt have liked that i am fussy LOL

I do that with custard creams lick cream out then dunk hard bit into my coffee LOL

Message 16 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@PoppysmumMy new Note 8 has Oreo, my Note 4 didn't. I don't particularly like change so I made the mistake of continuing to use the Note 4, even though the Note 8 was set up ready to go. I should have jumped in feet first innocent

It's been a massive learning curve for me as I had loads of help setting up my Note 3, My Note 4 came already set up...and so the Note 8 was an alien thing.clown

I struggled, and am still getting there. Only yesterday I realised I couldn't download a picture sent via MMS.(this has nothing to do with Oreo, more to do with buying the phone from Amazon sim free and cutting my old sim down to fit the new phone). I had to change the APN settings. Fear...quite pleased that I managed to do it. 4 years ago I couldn't even tell you what APN settings were...LOL

Lol i dont get photos by MMS i get people to WhatsApp them camera

I still dont really know what APN settings are but can recall in the past getting help on here to change settings when they where wrong bet that was APN settings.

This is a great site when you are stuck and know what you need to do with phone then Thoughful dont know how to write it down without it sounding daft ,

Someone always seem to know what you on about slight_smile

@Cleoriff

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You are right @Poppysmum There is always someone to help on here.

By the way, you are fine as you are. Never any good pretending to be something you're not wink

I always say 'every day is a school day'.....and that goes for me more than anyone LOL 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

s-l1600.jpgBouncy heart_eyes  Look what i just bought for my A5 slight_smile

Message 19 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics