cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with O2 Recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I visited my local o2 store to see about trading in my phone as I saw a good deal. The advisor said that because I seem to have a small scratch on the side. Barely visible & according to them very deep( it is not deep at all) that they would knock 50% off the value. I could understand maybe £10-£15 but for such a barely visible thing. 50% is seriously poor. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Sadly a number of recycling companies to the same, anything which they can use to reduce the value paid to you they will (more profit for them when they "recycle" them)

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve used o2 recycle lots of times with no problem but that is just out of order 

Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This just confirms my low opinion of O2 Recycle. This happens to lots of people on here and how many so we not hear about. 

It would be interesting if you could take it to another store. 

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou would certainly get a better price if you took it to CEX...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff That was what I’m thinking but I looked at the CEX prices online & they are still good but I have to weigh up the extra on top to finish my device plan on this as if I got the full amount on recycle I could have easily paid off the rest but even with selling my phone to CEX it would still be expensive so I will wait until after Christmas 

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff That was what I’m thinking but I looked at the CEX prices online & they are still good but I have to weigh up the extra on top to finish my device plan on this as if I got the full amount on recycle I could have easily paid off the rest but even with selling my phone to CEX it would still be expensive so I will wait until after Christmas 

Probably your best bet @Anonymous Such a shame as you are one of the very few people who have had good service with O2 recycle in the past. Ah well...they probably thought it was your turn to receive a poor deal slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it’s just a poor thing on o2’s part to do 50% off the value. Fair enough a little bit that much for something hardly visible is rather poor
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

They were offering me £195 for my iPhone 6S in perfect condition, I have photos and videos to prove it was it fully working then they came back and offered me £39 due to screen damage which is 100% not true!!! They give you 2 days to respond so I can imagine that a lot of people are getting scammed by O2 by this scheme of theirs. Would never use them ever again.

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They certainly try it on and some people are happy to take low valuations because they don't want the hassle. Many too would not respond within 48 hours. 

Spot on @Anonymous

Message 10 of 15