Did you mean: 

My contract with o2

Geordiebill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In 1989 I got my first mobile phone ...
I have never moved companies unless the company has changed hands and apart from prefixes changing I have never changed my number ...
Therefore on the exact moment o2 came into existence I was a customer.... how can I find out if I am the longest serving customer on the o2 books
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Probably not the longest @Geordiebill as I know of a few who were with Cellnet and still here now, but it's certainly a long time thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Geordiebill

I doubt they would be able to tell you to be honest.

The oldest customer on the books is probably someone who has been with Telecom Securicor Cellular Radio Ltd / Cellnet / BT Cellnet since 1985 and will be an enterprise customer..

o2 has been around since 1985 in various guises... So if you have one of the original 04xx prefixes then you will be one of the oldest customers from the days of TACs. I think the original Prefix was 0401

Telecom Securicor Cellular Radio Ltd. became Cellnet became BTCellnet with the Genie Sub brand, which became o2 then sold to Telefonica.

edited as missed out BT

I miss Genie, was innovative

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3