Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app - widget

Aln
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On android what about a widget to display at least remaining data or data used, whichever you prefer.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A good idea which has been discussed before but there was some concern over security as the app would have to have your MyO2 open at all times.
There are widgets you can get on play store which will do the same thing though but you need to set your data amount and refresh dates manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Aln I have a section in my settings for Data usage. I can set up a warning if I go over a set amount of data, and I can also set the billing cycle date. Why do you need a widget?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Aln
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It was just to save opening up my O2 app and see instantly where you were but guess if it's a security issue then no worries.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
You don't need to open an app. You can just check it in your settings. Another widget is just more clutter.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Aln
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK. It doesn't matter. Was just an idea for folk that wanted it. There are loads of widgets on my phone but I don't use them all, or in fact many of them. For those that don't like clutter they don't have to use them..
Anyway. I rarely reach my limit so will just carry on as I do now.

Thanks anyway.
Message 6 of 6