Did you mean: 

My Network app: Your Feedback

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I know a few of you use the My Network app, and suggest its use to many new and established members alike slight_smile We thought it was about time to ask you what you think of it, and gather any feedback you might have on how to make it even better!

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 14.44.29.png

The My Network app allows you to easily check your coverage, wherever you are, without having to visit the main site or enter your postcode. Once you've downloaded the app and you are able to:

• check the status of our network in your area.
  • test your network speeds.
  • report any issues with your service.

So what do you like best about this app? What do you think could be improved?

Let us know if you use it, and how you like it!

Looking forward to your comments smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve used it a few times to test my speeds & found that very useful. I’ve not had to use it to report anything yet

Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I reported Manchester City centre via the app. I got a text telling me they were aware of problems and would keep me updated. Had nothing since.....3 months now!

Message 3 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Glad you're finding it useful so far @Anonymous, if you run into any issues or see anything you'd like improved, let us know!

@jonsie Thanks for sharing this one; so you'd like more regular updates when you report an issue via the app then? I'll pass it on slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 16

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cant see any phone masts on there 😞
Message 5 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @paddyguy, thanks for letting me know you miss this feature, I'll make sure to pass it on along with the rest of the feedback slight_smile

signature

Message 6 of 16

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks slight_smile
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd second the request to have the masts back (tested on Nokia 5 running non-network specific Android 8.1 firmware with May security patch)

They may want to add in some detection as to what network is being used as it was seemingly quite happy to run tests while connected to my home wi-fi which is of course of no use to your engineering and operations teams.

Message 8 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well I've viewed the app, which told me there's a mast down in my area, which explains the up/down reception I'm getting; depending on the time of day.

I find this app very useful. It showed me, for example, my download speeds are abysmal! If a mast is down that should explain it.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 16

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So I use the my network app regular and wanted to give this version a fair shot.

i do like the new maps where I can see a quick overview at the bottom of each 2G, 3G and so on in my area (where the dot is).

the Run Speed, web or video tests need to be combined.  Why three.  Just run one test and tell me what it’s capable of.

couple of things I think need improving.

check button,  instead of asking me at first, can it not tell me if there is an issue in the area.  If there isn’t an issue, then say no issues reported, would u like to continue, something like that. It’s daft it asks me the. Says oh no issues.

next thing and this is the biggest gripe,  where are my Masts.  I like to see the local mast, it’s easier to know where they are and easier for me to report.

ive reported loads of issues based on this and it’s been great to say yep it’s the mast on this road etc.

i know many months I was told the mast was working fine. I knew it wasn’t, but I was able to prove it and engineer called me back from network team and confirmed that the mast was showing as active but it wasn’t working correctly and all the info provided was helpful.

now that function is gone it’s back to using the web.

i do like the app, it’s cleaner but needs a few more features.

i would also like to see more ownership when reporting issues.  I know that a lot of it’s automated, but it’s annoying when u get it back saying no fault log with customer care.

sometimes there is a fault, just needs looking at it more

dont think o2 would do this, but be nice to see if a mast is being updated, if it’s congested and so on.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 10 of 16