cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My £1,378.25 Bill over 10 Days!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was on o2 for 5 years or more. My monthly bills were always around £60-£100 and that is including bills whilst abroard.

I found a much better deal on Orange and my o2 contract was almost up so i began with Orange and Switched over my Number, I received a bill for the final 10 days i was with o2 @ £1,378.25. This is high due to £1214.19 of Data Charges when i've only used internet occassionally to check my emails & Facebook. Is it me or does this seem a little high taking into mind my previous bills!

I have called them, and they are now putting through investigation but was warned that 9/10 come back as legit bills. So i am wondering how this has happened? I cannot even get internet @ My Work in London!. I am also seeking legal advice on this.

I have full intentions or contacting all forms of media to make them aware of this, Surely if a phone bill was a bit high there would be some way for o2 to alert us? I am sure im am not there first and definatly not the last but i am determined to get this sorted so o2 do not rip anyone else off.

Any more help on this matter would be much appreciated

Great way to start 2009 hey!, Thanx O2!

Damien Walsh
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
no such thing as a cloned sim card, to whoever said that. the usage was made on your mobile phone and yes most likely you did use that ammount of internet usage. o2 will not simply charge you for high internet usage that you have not used. the purpose of a contract is to self manage your own usage, and o2 provides you with tools in order to do that, for example going online to check your unbilled usage or by calling o2 cust service to see what you have used in charges or by using o2's 21202 text balance service. i really do not know why seeking legal advice is going to help you? at the end of the day, you entered into a contract with o2, and any usage that is not covered under your monthly allowance, you will be liable for charges. if you are going to have difficulty in paying your bills then you should consider asking o2 to help you set up a payment plan, however this will affect your credit file. if the debt is not paid to o2 and line is disconnected then the debt will be sold and transferred to a 3rd party collection agency who will then chase you up for the debt. i know this is something you do not want to hear, however your best option will be to set up a payment plan.
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
no such thing as a cloned sim card, to whoever said that.

Really?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_cloning

Is it difficult ? Yes.
Have I seen cases where it's happened ? Yes.
Is it very unlikely? Yes (particularly now with 3G SIMs)
Is it impossible? Most certainly not.
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
i take all this feedback help and guidence on board. I understand i am liable for everything i do on my phone. But a £150 a day phone bill? after my average bill of £100 a month. That is just madness, Why would i think to monitor my bill. My internet usage was no more than 5-10 minutes a day. It is impossible to have a bill so high for that amount of usage!. If the bill was acceptable and i understood that it was al down to me do you think i would be posting it on the net, seeking legal advice and contacting media? i have better things to do with my time.

I really don't understand how o2 can even think they can get away with this type of bill!. It's a total joke, and the reason i have made this bill so public is that i think it's a disgrace and people should be made aware of this!
Message 13 of 13