cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple text messages have taken daughters credit!

SarahNico
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter sent a text message this morning and it just kept sending it over and over again so her credit was around £5 and it is now at £1.90 and I have had to switch her phone off! My husband's phone is doing the same but luckily, he has unlimited texts, though he has had to switch his phone off too. I contacted O2 to be told there was a network issue and I had to be patient until it was resolved. I asked what am I going to do about the money they was unfairly taken and basically got told, the network issue is O2's main priority and compensation would have to be looked into afterwards when the impact on customers is known. Compensation was not what I asked for, I want my 14 year old daughters credit back before she has to go out alone. It's a safety issue because 1--she can't turn her phone on without losing more credit. 2--I can't afford to put more credit on and even then it will just disappear again with the error. Seriously, I understand the issues about networking, but priority should also be given where money has wrongly been taken off of a teenagers phone. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SarahNico You will just have to wait & see what O2 announce about compensation if any 

Message 2 of 8

SarahNico
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well as far as compensation goes for not being able to use our phones, then I probably don't hold much hope, but taking money from a phone they aren't entitled to when my daughter hasn't even used it, then if they don't refund it, I'll have to seek legal advice 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SarahNico You need to go down the complaints route first 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 8

SarahNico
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well what I did today was phone them and explain. The woman I spoke to refunded £5 credit onto my daughters phone

Thankyou for the advice though and for replying. slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are very welcome
Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Good to hear.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @SarahNico, and thanks for reporting issues with the network last week. It's good to hear you're all sorted now - we have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one place. Please use this thread to find our latest updates and share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8