Did you mean: 

Moving to China

lewis999
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I am moving to China on wednesday for a year as I am teaching out there. Does anyone know if i can suspend my o2 account and not use o2 travel (which is an absurd waste of money). Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @lewis999

There is no way of suspending your account with O2.

If you don't want to use your phone, your only real option is to cancel your contract which will involve you paying off what you owe

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Or you could carry on paying for the contract and make sure you have data roaming turned off at all times and just stay in contact with friends and family using messenger or whatsapp over WiFi

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @lewis999

There is no way of suspending your account with O2.

If you don't want to use your phone, your only real option is to cancel your contract which will involve you paying off what you owe

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Or you could carry on paying for the contract and make sure you have data roaming turned off at all times and just stay in contact with friends and family using messenger or whatsapp over WiFi

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122811 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@lewis999If your phone is unlocked you also have the choice of using a local sim....but that would be expensive if contacting people back in the UK....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you are on a Refresh contract you could finish off the device payment and then give 30 days notice to end the airtime. The best way to keep in touch with family and friends is by wifi apps such as WhatsApp or Messanger. If you are worried about losing your UK number, have it transferred to P&G once the contract has been ended.

Message 4 of 4