cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from O2 Pay & Go

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to change my son's O2 Pay & Go to EE because we do not get a signal in the village we live in. I visited an O2 shop in Aberdeen today and they told me that it would cost £15; surely that isn't correct?!?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
£15 for what?
All you need is to call 4445 and ask for the PAC (free for PAC but call may cost 25p depending on tariff) and give this to EE once you have an EE sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If they were talking about unlocking your O2 phone, this indeed will cost £15 - details here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If they were talking about unlocking your O2 phone, this indeed will cost £15 - details here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Just checking Rich (for my info) ...is it free to unlock if more than 12 months old?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No, only free for contract phones. PAYG is always £15 but they will only unlock after 12 months.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No, only free for contract phones. PAYG is always £15 but they will only unlock after 12 months.

Right...that's where the 12 months came in....Thanks wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
No worries slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for feedback but I'm still confused. I don't have an O2 phone and I have my own phone that I have put an O2 SIM card in. O2 can't provide a service in the village where I live but they still want £15 for me to change to a provider that can give me a service! Surely something is not right here!!
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The thing is when you put the O2 sim in your phone it would probably have locked to that network. Just out of interest have you tried another network sim in to see if it is actually locked?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I got the EE Sim thinking that because I own the device I can put whatever sim I want in. I then got the message that it was locked and took it to the O2 shop, where they told me it would cost £15. I should have done my homework before putting the O2 sim in but still find it weird that they can't provide a service and I'm expected to pay them for that pleasure!!
Message 10 of 18