cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house and no reception..any rights?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm new to this form and had a quick question to see if anyone has faced a similar issue. I've just moved house - 300m down the road and find myself in an area with zero O2 reception indoors. I am midway through an 18 month contract that I am very happy with.

Looking on the reception map it shows that we have full coverage, but were told at one point we might be in a blackout area. Since O2 cannot supply coverage, is there any way I can get out of the contract?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately you have no rights at all. It is deemed as your responsibillity to check whether you will get service before you move.

Also no network gaurentee network coverage indoors.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks jonnycastle. What happens if we checked to see if there is coverage, they say there is and in reality there isn't?
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This question has come up on a regular basis on many of the forums I frequent. The answer is always the same - there is nothing you can do. None of the networks guarantee a signal in every location. Even if the map shows a signal it is only a prediction. Also, a signal outside of a house is no guarantee of one within it.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This question has come up on a regular basis on many of the forums I frequent. The answer is always the same - there is nothing you can do. None of the networks guarantee a signal in every location. Even if the map shows a signal it is only a prediction. Also, a signal outside of a house is no guarantee of one within it.

Yeah....what he said...lol
Message 5 of 5