Did you mean: 

More iPhone 7 Rumours

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

** These are just rumours.  Nothing will be confirmed for several months **

Within a few days of the iPhone 6s/6s Plus being released, rumours of the next iPhone, possibly called the iPhone 7, have surfaced.

Here are some of the rumoured features of the iPhone 7:

• Waterproof - would this actually be helpful to those who accidentally drop their phone down the loo and get their phone thoroughly soaked, or it is just for people who get their phone a little wet in the rain?
  • 5.5 inches - taking on the Samsung phones in particular.
  • 3GB of RAM
  • Wireless charging - similar to Samsung
  • Removal of the headphone jack - wireless headphones?

Features I hope to see in the next iPhone:

• External memory upgrades (SD memory card slot)
  • Special unlocking codes, similar to Samsung, whereby a pattern can be used to unlock the device rather than a passcode.
  • A removable battery - many phones need replacing due to the constant charging draining the battery and the phone is still in good condition.  I think that allowing users to purchase a new battery without replacing the phone and without the need for an appointment at Apple Genius Bar would be helpful.
  • A reduction in price (wishful thinking)

There are also rumours of an iPhone 6C being introduced but, due to the less than high success of the iPhone 5C, this idea may be just indeed be a rumour that won't happen.

A complete new model is introduced by Apple every 2 years.  Last year was the S model with only minor improvements (3D touch), so i'm hoping a lot of changes in the next model.

As always, these are just some of the rumours.  There will be many more in the next few months.  Only some, if any, will actually be confirmed (by Apple shortly before the release - which may be September 2016).

Sources:

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/11/20/iphone-7-3gb-ram-waterproof/

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/iphone-7-1303990

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/iphone/iphone-7-release-launch-date-new-features-images-rumours-headp...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the rumoured forthcoming 4 inche iPhone 5se

Message 2 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

As with the rest, it is just a rumour.

I personally wouldn't be interested in it due to the potential smaller screen and metal casing, whic may put quite a few people off, but that's just my thoughts on it.

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-5se/

Message 3 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Makes sense to me, considering iPhones used to stick to 3.5" screens surrounded by metal I'm not sure why this wouldn't be appealing to people who want one handed operation back.

The unit in that video btw is a "foxconn demo unit" but we all know what they manufacture...

Also one quick Q. 

In the first post I noticed..

• 5.5 inches - taking on the Samsung phones in particular.

bit pointless even speculating at that, considering Apple have released two 5.5 inch phones already. The last 2 plus models have 5.5" 1080p (lmao) screens in them

Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Waterproof - lmao
Wireless charging - lmao
5.5" screen - lmao
Removable battery - lmao
SD card - lmao
3gb RAM - lmao
Pattern unlock - lmao
Well done Apple, that's almost a direct copy of a Galaxy S4 launched in April 2013
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's an Xperia Z1!!!!
Message 6 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I'm still not a fan of Samsung - even if the models were exactly the same, I prefer the iOS software slight_smile

But I know there are people who are Samsung fans and avoid iPhone like the plague.

Each to their own tongue

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

25df4a737fc38c8be128f793235ac2d9.jpg

They are catching up though....

I'd buy that one LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Looking at these rumored specs, they should name it iCatchup
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 11