cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly package consitently exceeded

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

for the past 4 months, I have exceeded my data package (250MB) half way through the month and I had to buy a bolt on most of the time.

My browsing hasn't changed and I haven't added new apps. I have contacted customer services who were unable to tell me what is draining my data. I haven't been able to get any advice and I am tried of having to buy a bolt on every month. Can you make any suggestions?

I have a samsung, only use facebook and mostly use wifi.

This is my last attempt before I consider switching 😞

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Call cs and increase your data allowance
Message 2 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You can also check what is using the data in settings / data usage
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22944 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Manually turn off your data in settings when you're not using it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Also make sure you go into wifi settings and untick the box for smart network switch.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
250mb is nothing in these days of smartphones and what they do, so I'm not surprised you exceed it.
As mentioned, I would call CS and increase my data permanently to at least 1gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

not sure if this is directly comparable (i have a sony rather than a samsung) but if you go into settings there is a section called wireless and networks and then a sub-menu called data usage.

once you set it up (monthly data limit and date for reset) this will show which apps use data each month and how much.

you can also get an app to track how much data you are using (there are loads on the play store) if you prefer.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I agree that 250mb is nothing, but if you have not changed phones, installed new apps and not increased your browsing habits then I understand your concern. However, sites are updated all the time, and so are the apps. Example the new update to facebook app (for windows anyway) now automatically plays videos. This might be ideal on the desktop, but not on mobile. Basically my phone is streaming down video that I have no interest in watching. You might want to have a look at your existing apps and any change logs they have released.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 8