cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile version of the community: How often do you use it?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi lovely people,

One of the things we will potentially look into improving in 2015 is the mobile view of the community.

We've asked before for your thoughts/issues with it and will no doubt do so again soon, but in the meantime, I was wondering how much you all used your mobile while interacting on the community as opposed to on a laptop/PC?

What percentage would you say you use mobile/PC?

I'll just be here............

patiently.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for your thoughts here guys, very useful indeed. I've asked this before but shall do so again:

What aspects of the mobile site are you having issues with or would like to see improved?

Get involved:

Message 31 of 57

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'd like exemption from picture post removal if you're offering @Toby
They are only ever funny and I'm sure more laugh than don't.
Message 32 of 57

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
But seriously, what about a gaming section? I know there are gaming communities out there but the line between mobile gaming and console gaming is getting thinner by the day.
With many games now incorporating mobile apps into gameplay and with a high percentage of games now focused on clans and teams and the social aspects of it.
Message 33 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the mobile version a lot for reading messages but not for composing or sending them. 

There is a "bug" somewhere in the mobile system just as there was on my PC in that even though I use the sign off  button, when I return to the app it clearly says Sign Out.   If it gets fixed, fine; if not, who cares?  wink

Message 34 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
But seriously, what about a gaming section? I know there are gaming communities out there but the line between mobile gaming and console gaming is getting thinner by the day.
With many games now incorporating mobile apps into gameplay and with a high percentage of games now focused on clans and teams and the social aspects of it.

Didn't someone try to set up some sort of gaming community from here previously?

Not sure how a gaming section would be monitored or managed.......I am sure @viridis  will enlighten me:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 57

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I dunno, that's what toby marina and Marjo are paid for.
Buck passed
Message 36 of 57

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I'll take the 5th and some fries.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 37 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm beginning to collate feedback for us to take back to the rest of the team regarding improvements to the community's mobile view. If you have any other points or observations about what could be improved/changed, now is the time to let us know!

Get involved:

Message 38 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I would like it set to Full view (by default) Currently it is set to mobile view.... (others may disagree as this is a personal observation) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

To set the "mobile" version of the Community to "Full view" by default seems to defeat the purpose - I may be wrong of course as I usually am.   However, I think it would be better to have the Mobile/Full option at the top of each page rather than having to scroll down to find it.  In fact I don't think I was aware that the option was available until a helpful member pointed it out in a thread in this forum.

One thing I find irritating in all the versions but especially in the mobile version is the waste of space which I take it derives from the insertion of unnecessary line breaks/returns/paragraph marks or whatever they are called.  On the mobile version I find a lot of scrolling is necesary. Could these line  not be automatically removed, or is that a code too far for Lithium?

The following comment relates to both the mobile and full version and has more to do with how we use the Community.  When photos are included in replies, then someone replies with unedited quote  the photos get repeated and if the next person does the same - well you get the picture --- over and over again.   Whilst some of them are delightful one can get too much of a good thing.  Perhaps a word to the wise via the new Guidelines would help?

Apart from that I quite like the mobile version and use it a lot for reading messages but not usually for replying to them.

Good luck in your further deliberations.

Message 40 of 57