cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile outage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in the LE14 postcode area and have had no mobile signal since Monday evening - I have checked the network checker and all it says it is that there is a Phone Mast not working - stating the obvious really. When is this going to be sorted? Four days is too long to pay for a service I am not receiving.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

There could be any number of reasons why the mast repair is taking a long time, and O2 don't give estimates on when service will be resumed. If you are able to get to an area where you have service, call Customer Services on 202 and make an enquiry or make a complaint. As you have not had any service for a few days, they may offer you a goodwill gesture. It certainly can't hurt to try.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

There could be any number of reasons why the mast repair is taking a long time, and O2 don't give estimates on when service will be resumed. If you are able to get to an area where you have service, call Customer Services on 202 and make an enquiry or make a complaint. As you have not had any service for a few days, they may offer you a goodwill gesture. It certainly can't hurt to try.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am off work, with a wrist injury and I am unable to drive. I suppose I should be grateful I have internet connection? I just think it is really bad that we aren't given any information. I actually thought my phone was the problem. Just lack of information really irritates.
Message 3 of 10

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I understand. It can be very frustrating. Hope they sort things out in your area soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Quite a few threads are appearing with similar issues on coverage.

I keep hearing 02 will further improve the service with the upcoming 4g.

Fingers crossed !

Message 5 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 Just lack of information really irritates.

How much infomation is required, you know that O2 know there is a mast problem which also tells you they will be working to fix it?

Faults happen and it's not possible to advise every customer how far the engineer has got with his access to the site, his diagnosis, whether new parts are needed and if they are available.

Sometimes a little patience is the only answer.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to know approx how long this is going to take to sort out. The network checker could carry this information. I don't expect O2 to contact every person individually.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Julie,

In an ideal world that information would be readily available.

As said their are a lot of factors involved when things like this happen.

Keep checking the Service Status and watching your phone is the best for now.

You could channel your thoughts back to 02 via this link if you so wish.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Take care.

Message 8 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to know approx how long this is going to take to sort out. The network checker could carry this information. I don't expect O2 to contact every person individually.

That information is not available, the network repairs team feed nothing back to O2.

It would be good if they did but it's unlikely to happen.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not juliegodley, they contact everyone when they text about a price hike.
Its a joke they can't put repair information in realtime as they do it. You get it in realtime when a parcel gets delivered?
Message 10 of 10