Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile broadband using mobile phone

Michelle12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, I am after some advice please. I am wondering if I can use my apple iPhone and or iPad as a mobile broadband for use in my home. I have been a virgin media customer for broadband for 25 years and have just took the plunge and ended the contract. I have gone from a family home to a 1 bedroom flat. I live alone, work at least 40 hours a week and stay at my partners for 3 nights at the weekend. I don’t know how long I will be living in the flat so I don’t want to sign up for any lengthy contracts. I’ve looked at mobile broadband deals but I’m wondering if I could use my phone or tablet as I said even if I upgrade the data allowance? I don’t really steam or download anything and I could do that at my partners if I wanted to watch at a later date. I also have WiFi at work. Sorry for the long post, any advice/thoughts would be great. Michelle
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Michelle12 

You can use your data allowance anyhow you wish.

If you want your phone or tablet to provide data for another device, just turn on and connect to your hotspot.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2