cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe moving to sim only deal was payg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

right im going to get straight to the point im thinking about a sim only deal because right now im a pay as go customer but im now on the £25 big bundle with 4gb and can you believe it im running out of data every month but not the texts or mins and have had ended having to buy bolt on data every month...                                     1 month i ended up spending £45-55.

But the problem is i feel stupid cause i dont really know alot about  sim only deals?

i see 30 day or 12 month deals and im confused

and now with this 50% extra data its worse because i seen  that it only 2 months somewhere and im worried im going to get a deal that wont have enough  after the 50% extra data finishes

like i see deals for 6gb data 12 month deal  does that mean that 1 month is 6gb or the full 12 months you only 6gb to use during the 12 month ?   do u see my struggle im having

i only want a better data deal lol

can anyone help?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

On the first month you pay slightly more because you pay the first couple of days before your bill is produced and then the first months bill. It's certainly not double, maybe a couple of pounds extra. Explained here...

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/first-bill

I'm not sure about instore as some deals are online only. Best tyo call them

Contact us

Message 11 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 2 more questions?

1.will u be able to add more data if for example i get the 6gb but use over that will i be able to up the tarrif data

2.will u be able to change phone say if i got a new phone 2-3 months into the sim only will that sim work in the new phone?

Message 12 of 28

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
1 - Yes
2 - Yes
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

my cousin is thinking about sim only to but is concerned that a 12 month sim only deal that u have to pay it all at once can anyone confirm or deny this? 

can someone answer this cause cousin wont shut up about it?

please

Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No. It's monthly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

As I said earlier I am on a 12 monthly sim only deal and I pay the same amount every month. I have never exceeded my limits...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The monthly contract is just what it states, you pay monthly on the same date every month.

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay thank you

Message 19 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

okay thank you

No problems. Hope you get it sorted. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with sim only contract...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 28