cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe moving to sim only deal was payg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

right im going to get straight to the point im thinking about a sim only deal because right now im a pay as go customer but im now on the £25 big bundle with 4gb and can you believe it im running out of data every month but not the texts or mins and have had ended having to buy bolt on data every month...                                     1 month i ended up spending £45-55.

But the problem is i feel stupid cause i dont really know alot about  sim only deals?

i see 30 day or 12 month deals and im confused

and now with this 50% extra data its worse because i seen  that it only 2 months somewhere and im worried im going to get a deal that wont have enough  after the 50% extra data finishes

like i see deals for 6gb data 12 month deal  does that mean that 1 month is 6gb or the full 12 months you only 6gb to use during the 12 month ?   do u see my struggle im having

i only want a better data deal lol

can anyone help?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The deal stays the same as when you first signed up for it. It doesn't change. You can increase it but not reduce it

I am on the 4Gb tariff. I took it out in January. It will remain the same until next January...

O2 have sales and deals frequently. If you take out the 6GB deal it will remain the same till you renew the contract..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23079 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

It would be 6GB per month. A one month sim only deal will be more expensive than a 12 month, for obvious reasons.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I am on a 12 month sim only deal The amount of data you get is per month. I never run out...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#/tariffs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 28

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The deal runs until you change tariff. No catches or gimmicks, you stay on the same deal until you want to change.

Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so if i get a 6gb deal for 12 months thats 6gb every month?

i feel ashamed i use my data like something not right but i dont have home wifi (i know shocking) im not home enough to get it.

and do u have to pay more the first few months?

and what happens if i take out this deal before deal over?  when the deal finishes does it go back to 4gb? because as i said im using 4gb now?

6GB data

4G ready

Unlimited texts
Unlimited minutes

£21.00

a month

Message 5 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The deal stays the same as when you first signed up for it. It doesn't change. You can increase it but not reduce it

I am on the 4Gb tariff. I took it out in January. It will remain the same until next January...

O2 have sales and deals frequently. If you take out the 6GB deal it will remain the same till you renew the contract..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 28

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Yes 6 gb until the end of your contract or you change it. At the end of the contract it will carry on at as a 30 day rolling contract so it won't end unless you give notice.

Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

see i was worried about it because i thinking i would have to change provider to Vodafone if i wanted to stay on pay as you go but then all i see in the these forums about vodafone is crappy customer service lol.

i dont know what deal to get a 6gb or more deal?

i have been with 02 years and dont want to leave because im spending to much and i have had no non-signal problems  like other people talk about  and i have even brought 3 old o2 customers back that changed providers who left before that have now come back to 02

Message 8 of 28

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Only you can decide what you can afford. Get the right deal for you, getting a bolt on every month is expensive....

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

does the price double for the first month? cuase i have heard about it from other people on different providers?

can they do the same deals instore or only online?

and can u still get accepted for a sim only deal if you dont have a credit history?

i have aways paid cash and i know that these deals you pay by card every month

and randomness my cousin said for the 12 month sim only deal do u pay the full 12 months upfront all at once for just monthly?

Message 10 of 28