Did you mean: 

Mast

germansheppard2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can someone please tell me do o2 repair there own masts ,
We have been partly down for 14weeks site keeps saying nesting seagulls so repair delayed which is wrong they left weeks ago and mast was down weeks before seagulls nested ,
Really am fed up with such bad service from o2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
More info

Sometimes access is difficult, and many sites are shared with another telco. .

Keep using the Fault Report feature in MyO2. You can also ping O2 Social Media team on Twitter (@O2) or FB, they may be able to give you an update.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @germansheppard2

You can keep reporting it through the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

You could also make a complaint here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Sadly O2 wont give timescales for mast repairs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Repairs are contracted to these https://www.ctil.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

germansheppard2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Cleoriff contact them they don’t seem to care ,
Thanks for contact but think I need leave they don’t leave any option really be 6 months at this rate ,
Thanks again
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@germansheppard2

To service equipment O2/CTIL have to obtain permission from the landowner (that they pay rent to) to enter the land.

Depending on the nature of the fault they might have to engage other parties, for example if someone has put a digger through the fibre optic cables linking the site back to the network they have to get the appropriate telco involved (might be Openreach or Virgin Media) who have to trace the fault and request permission from the appropriate landowner to access their land to fix it or they might have to have permission to dig up a road.

Same goes for power.

Alas this can take some weeks or even months,

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Probably quicker to just shoot the Seagulls tho wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@MI5 Now now. Grumpy

Its no just straight forward as mentioned. Also even though the seagulls may have gone, they can’t just go and start to do things.  They will also be bound by the Seagul law, if there is one 😉

However Seaguls nest between April to late July and as it’s only early August O2 may may not have permission just yet to see to their mast.

o2 will not want it down any longer than needed. But their hands will be tied I’m afraid. 

The mast could be on protected land, you just don’t know.

But seagulls have rights you know Jaw-dropping and @MI5 you can’t just go shooting them.  Naughty 😳

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 8