Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manchester Outage

Alan49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can someone help me please? On December 28th at 11.00am we had arranged for a 'Meet and Greet' chauffer parking service to meet us at Manchester Airport. They never showed up. This led to us having to park in the only place we could find or miss the plane. This was long stay parking and cost us £182 for the 2 weeks. We've been back in touch with the Meet and Greet company to ask them to reimburse us the difference (They quoted £50 so £132) They are saying that there was a Manchester wide O2 outage that morning and no-one could get through to them, so it's not their fault and won't re -imburse anything. Can any 02 , Manchester based customers confirm or otherwise that this outage actually occured or are Meet and Greet making it up? I can't talk to O2 as I'm not one of their customers. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan49 Sounds like they are trying to get out of reimbursement 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
There were no issues on December 28th. That's just an excuse!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Write to the company concerned with a clearly headed “letter before action” detailing your claim against them. Send this by recorded delivery so you have proof of receipt

If they fail to respond or try and fob you off again file a claim using the money claim online service. At that point they would have to show there was an O2 service outage at the time which they probably can’t

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan49

Obviously follow @davethorp 's advice but if you paid by a credit card I'd mention in the letter that if they fail to refund you that you are going to hand the matter over to your card company to deal with.

If they don't respond or refund you within 7 days contact your card issuer who will want receipts and copies of any communication between you and them and tell the company it's now in the card company's hands.

I can pretty much guarantee you'll get your refund as they won't want to have to deal with a chargeback.

I once had to do this as I returned a faulty monitor and gave the company 28 days to refund me, when they didn't I spoke to their accounts department who told me 'they were dealing with more important things than my refund'

Spoke to the card company who told me what they'd need, rang the company back and told them I intended to hand it over the to the card company and had my refund back on the card within three days.

Message 5 of 5