cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager due to callback but refused to let me speak to another agent???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rang yesterday to ask why my o2 plan has gone to lowells as I have 2 payments for both accounts set up as advised by an agent to avoid debt recovery - I rang multiple times to confirm they received my payment to make sure it was still in their hands.
I rang yesterday to ask why they've sent letters referring me to Lowell but the poorly trained agent I spoke to wanted to tell me that I haven't set up a payment speak over me the whole way through and literally refused to help in any way other than explain what I owed which I never asked or read the notes over the top of me asking questions! I asked to speak to a manager was told 24 hours so asked to speak to another agent and the manager refused this request now I'm very concerned where is my payments going if they're telling me I haven't got one set up and I can't get help until the manager contacts me? Is this right? I've NEVER HAD WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AS O2 I asked the awful agent to log a complaint and again she refused to do this the manager seemed just as useless allowing this to happen the agent wanted to speak over every word and argue everything I queried - I don't call up for this I do that all day at work I call to get things resolcved but have to wait 24 hours because I got landed with a poorly trained if trained at all agent who got a thrill out of escalating the problem what do I do now?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You should really think about making a complaint...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

It's the best way to get matters resolved

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've asked the agent to do this however she argued with me about this too.
Does it need to be in writing?

Thanks
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@AnonymousNo one can stop you making a complaint. If you check the link above you will see you can complain though Resolver. I would try that route https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=VAS

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I've just done this now!
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
O2 will pass your debt on almost immediately and once they have done, they no longer own your debt.
You should now be making payments to the debt recovery company so I would also speak to them directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
No they told me they'd recover it back from them if I set the payments up and provided me with o2 details. I've done this and it's now back with Lowell and no one could explain why when I've called up to comfirm my payments where received by o2 and advised to add notes to ensure all was ok and then I get letters from Lowell so where would my payments be going if o2 aren't dealing with it? Concerning right?
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Sounds like a right mess!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Call again to speak to a different agent. 

Is your phone now disconnected? 

Please do not hold your breath waiting for a manager to call you back. You call them and then again if you have to. 

Have payments left your bank?  If not you have no payment set up.

If the direct debits have been taken then you need the answers you are seeking. 

Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this and the poor experience with customer service. 😞 I'll drop you a private message here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details to see if we can help you out in any way, please do check when you get a moment.

Message 10 of 10