Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major data leak, and overpricing scam

nicknez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So saturday morning I am browsing O2 website (and others) in search of a new device with a monthly plan. I chose one I like at O2 put it in my basket procceed to complete my "PERSONAL DATA" but not completing the order because I was between home delivery and click and collect. I leave my house to go shop and i get a phone cal from an O2 agent. he already knew my personal information and what i had in my shopping cart so I am convinced he is indeed from O2. he said he can make me a better offer from £29 that i chose with 4gb net to 33 with 15gb and of course I accept. I return home and later in the afternoon i speak to live chat about my order to see when it will be shipped and it was already completed and dispatched to me. i was impressed with the speed. And now for the good part I finaly receive my O2 account activation and go and check my account, My order was indeed for a 15gb monthly program at £33 but with a huawei y6 that the official price on the site is 23. I call o2 right away and the answer was that they didnt call me but some company that is making outbound calls as a reseller. so basicaly that reseller got my personal info from O2 and tried to scam me with O2 help. they say everything is fine and not to worry as long as I dont accept the delivery. and so I do and its sent back to sender. Next day i receive an sms that my monthly bill was issued. I call again of course and an agent says to leave it on him... he will fix everything and call me! still 4th day today the bill still is there waiting payment for a phone and a sim i never got in my  hands overpriced sold to me as a deal and I am still waiting to see what will happen,,,

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

nicknez
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Final update for this. Finaly today O2 closed my account. good so far. they claim they canceled my contract and not me wich is a lie, the bill is still there waiting to be paid so i canceled the direct debit of course. I cant get a contract with any provider as they want to pass it as someone else and not me created that order in my name with my details. I went to citizen advice of course and i will  take any action necessary my rights as a consumer give me. maybe they think I have no idea about consumer regulations but I am very well aware. to anyone reading I am only expressing all these out of experience I had your personal experience may vary I just wish you to never have to go throught all of O2 backoffice because these people really have no idea what they are doing and ok the lie so what? all companies lie at least make the departments talk to each other so they say one lie not one department burying the other

Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That was a difficult read though I get the general gist of it  Your problem is not being ankle to get a mobile contract with any network.

Not only that though, no credit for anything, including a mortgage.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted. 

Message 12 of 12