Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M&J Acquisitions - scam or not

tnmilton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been called by Jason at MandJ Acquisitions who says they are an official partner of O2 offering me a free boostbox and a reduction in my monthly payment if I stay with O2 for 24months.  Is this a scam or not??

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Bev13yorks
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you!
Message 11 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Bev13yorks I've replied to your message on this one. Please get back to me when you have a minute. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 20

E-cfc
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
M&J acquisitions are absolute fraudsters... Was also ties into a 3 year contract when sold one for 18 months.. when my contract expired Jason neglected to inform me of my obligation to cancel my contract with 30 days notice resulting in 2 months of bill charges for a line I no longer used.....

AWFUL COMPANY TO DEAL WITH.. SCAMMERS... AVOID AVOID AVOID
Message 13 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This company seems to keep going and there must be hundreds of customers in this position.

Message 14 of 20

BobbyJeff
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin can you help me? My family have been affected by the MandJ scam that many other O2 customers have mentioned in this and other threads.  It is truly devastating for my family and it seems you have helped to resolve the issue for some people can you help me too? 

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 20

Bev13yorks
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i never had my query resolved and have continued with the contract i had but have started again with the process of requesting to terminate my contract, I'll see what they come back with now, but i have a couple of new questions...

can i keep my number and go onto pay as you go or something?

what phones are out there that take 2 SIM cards so i can merge my work and personal phone use into 1 device?

what can i do about all my music and photos etc that are saved on my android phone when my work phone is apple?

thanks in advance!

Message 17 of 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes you can @Bev13yorks, although you will need to talk to customer services.
Have a look at gsmarena.com - they have a phone finder that you can use to search for phones, including an option for double sims.
Virtually all phones that can take more than one sim are android, and most come with a way to transfer media from one to another now.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 20

Bev13yorks
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info.  Will look into it, IF i can get out of my contract...what a nightmare.

Message 19 of 20

annaevie
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can get full details about M&J Acquisitions https://app.datagardener.com/company/09549999/M--J-Acquisitions-Limited

to better information about this...

Message 20 of 20