cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia Christmas Accessory Bundle - where is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 735 from o2, which included a Christmas Accessory Bundle of a speaker and charging plate (as advertised on the o2 site!).

I was very disappointed to find that instead of receiving the bundle, I received a leaflet telling me to claim it on www.microsoft.com/mobile/o2christmasbundle.

The link simply sent me to the US microsoft mobile site and, needless to say, there was no reference to the bundle.

I contacted the o2 chat service TWICE! First time I was told to try /735launchbundleo2 and the second time I was told to contact Microsoft!!!!!!!

Once again, this is rubbish customer support from o2 and a warning to others that they cannot honour their promises. I will keep battling to see if I can discover where this so called bundle is or even if it ever existed!

Phil

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Is it not this one here on this page ?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/o2christmasbundle/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update.

I finally found the site! By changing /en-us/ to /en-gb/ in the URL I was routed to the site on which I could claim my bundle.

This, however, has led me to another problem which has raised concerns of a possible fraud taking place. I entered the IMEI code for my brand new Nokia Lumia 735 and received a message that the code had already been used!

To test this I then entered my wife's IMEI code (same model phone) and it too has apparently been used.

I am now going to investigate this further because it would appear that someone is registering these phones in order to obtain the bundles. Be warned!!

Philbow

Message 3 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to update.

I finally found the site! By changing /en.us/ to /en.gb/ in the URL I was routed to the site on which I could claim my bundle.

This, however, has led me to another problem which has raised concerns of a possible fraud taking place. I entered the IMEI code for my brand new Nokia Lumia 735 and received a message that the code had already been used!

To test this I then entered my wife's IMEI code (same model phone) and it too has apparently been used.

I am now going to investigate this further because it would appear that someone is registering these phones in order to obtain the bundles. Be warned!!

Philbow

This sounds very suspicious @Anonymous Will you please come back and let us know what you find out?...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

will do

Message 5 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, 

just to add that I have had the same problem. still not able to claim. the o2 Service is very poor and unhelpful. 

I have tried claiming the bundle- the IMEI has been used (it says on the screen). So, do not know what to do.

Message 6 of 63

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

This sounds really suspicious now. Bad enough when one poster claimed that both his and his wifes IMEI number was displaying as already used when he attempted to claim...Now we have @Anonymous  stating exactly the same.....?? Worrying times.

I don't know whether any regulars on here have any advice to give. I am a bit stumped as to what we should be advising in all honesty...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 63

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is indeed very worrying that someone unknown is using our IMEI numbers. As a start I have reported the story to B BC Watchdog. others do the same?

Message 8 of 63

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I can only think that O2 have used the IMEI  numbers. Can you investigate this @Toby ?

Message 9 of 63

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've just submitted a claim for a 530 coloured shell (bought from CPW) with no problems at all....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 63