cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Status Checker says good signal. Live Status Checker lies...and always has...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So - when the Live Status checker says you can make and receive voice calls, no problems outside, occasional problems inside, but everyone in the village where you live knows full well that O2 has no service at all in the centre of the village, and never has had, what do you do next? 

And yes, have swapped sims into other phones etc. It all works fine outside the village, just not in the village. And don't be fooled by the word "village" - there are 3000 people in the village - almost all of whom are on EE instead. 

And yes, I have TuGo. It is fine...sometimes, but not always - definitely not good enough to use as a subsititute all the time. It does receive texts pretty well, although it is a bit annoying when you leave the village, and spend the next 10 minutes receiving all the same texts that you had during the day as the phone signal reconnects...

I think the answer is - find another network. Any other suggestions? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Move to EE.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I think the solution will be to go with the network that gives you the best signal? How does EE work for the others in your village?

You could also have a look at this self help thread here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Get some free P&G sims from the networks and go with the one that meets your needs and gives you good coverage in your home, work and normal commuting areas.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE? It's not great, but is it better than O2. I spoke to O2 about signal boosters, but they say that they do not believe that they work. Which is odd, as my wife has an EE signal booster, and it works fine...

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 only provide boostboxes to business users.
There is nothing available for consumer contracts.
Your only option is to switch to the network that gives you the best signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6