cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Status Checker Still Giving Duff Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in an area that has had 4G for some time now but over the past week I have been unable to get even 2G, yet a mile away in the City Centre 4G is available.  Live Status informs me the O2 Network is working fine   -  but it isn't and has not been for over a week.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is probably because O2 suffered a network outage last week @Anonymous O2 claim it is fixed...though posts on Twitter from a number of people are claiming it isn't fixed in some areas

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

This is probably because O2 suffered a network outage last week @Anonymous O2 claim it is fixed...though posts on Twitter from a number of people are claiming it isn't fixed in some areas

Thanks @Cleoriff - I missed the worst of that outage (I think) as I was on holiday in Malaga, though did have a little trouble signing in to Movistar one morning.  Not being technologically savvy I just don't understand why the Network seems to work perfectly 1 mile away from my home but I cannot get a decent network connection even though there is a mast within sight of my house. No doubt it will all come right in due course - but it is quite a while since I had a moan and today is Monday and the temperature is at least 20 degrees below what we had last week etc etc. . Now that's off my chest I think I'll go read a good book.

Best wishes Denise - hope all well with you and yours!

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousTomorrow I will be where you have just returned from.Smiley Very Happy

Apparently the UK is expected to be basking in 28c from the end of this week..(Always seems to happen when I take myself off to sunnier climates.)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousTomorrow I will be where you have just returned from.Smiley Very Happy

Apparently the UK is expected to be basking in 28c from the end of this week..(Always seems to happen when I take myself off to sunnier climates.)

Well now I understand why you go so frequently - Malaga and the surrounding area is so beautiful - and there is so much of interest to see and do.  Would love to be heading back there soon!!

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Have you reported it through the I Disagree button @Anonymous?

Yes sir - but I doubt if anyone pays much attention to that.  Time, they say, heals everything.  Maybe it will fix the Network too. slight_smile

Thanks @jonsie - hope u r well and in good spirits (or maybe that should be I hope good spirits are in you?)

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It helps that we have our own apartment there @Anonymous. Instead of moving house we stayed put and purchased the apartment. This was back in 1986. The best investment we ever made  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In the middle of a drought here @Anonymous , It's Buddha Day here today and possibly the oldest national holiday and most important of the year.

All bars closed at midnight last night and forbidden to sell alcohol until midnight tonight. ...four and a quarter hours and counting! Luckily I have a 4 pack of Singha in the hotel room but down to the last two now LOL

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

In the middle of a drought here @Anonymous , It's Buddha Day here today and possibly the oldest national holiday and most important of the year.

All bars closed at midnight last night and forbidden to sell alcohol until midnight tonight. ...four and a quarter hours and counting! Luckily I have a 4 pack of Singha in the hotel room but down to the last two now LOL

....and I thought I had problems!!!!  Crazy

Message 10 of 12