Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium platform issues?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just wanted to know if anyone is having the same problem as me?

I use Gmail for this forum only. I use btinternet for any other emails.

Yesterday and the day before I realised some emails from this forum weren't coming into my inbox......and when they did they were hours after they had been sent.

Really annoying as 5 years ago when I joined this forum, I used bt internet. After a couple of years I realised BT didn't seem to be compatible with Lithium (emails stopped coming in and others were having the same problem)so I changed to Gmail. Had no problems at all till now.

As an example, when I logged on this morning there were 40 new emails from the forum in my inbox. These are just three of them

O2 Email.PNG

Note the time they came in. When I checked they were all sent yesterday from 12md onwards!

I have the same issue this morning. Up to now I have made 4 posts (from 6am) not one has arrived in my inbox, although some from yesterday are trickling in.

To test whether it was Gmail or the forum, I sent myself an email from my btinternet address to my gmail. It arrived in my inbox immediately. which definitely confirms it's a lithium problem.

I subscribe to a lot of topics on here and if I post on one, I get emails on that until people stop posting.

It's also annoying as I know some emails haven't arrived at all.

I also log on to the forum via the latest email I receive...so it's all damn frustrating really.

Just wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT

Are you aware of this problem and if so, is anything being done to resolve it? Thanks in advance for any input you may be able to provide. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the additional info guys! 

This now seems to be affecting everyone, including the Community team. It's with the platform provider now. 

Whilst this issue is being resolved if there is anything urgent please drop myself, @Marjo or @EmilieT a private message as we can see those instantly. And apologies if we're a bit late responding to @ mentions. upside_down

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 41 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that @Martin-O2 (Whoops a mention)....

At least we know it's not just me @Glory1 and @gmarkj who are affected.

However, if it is affecting mentions then others will be having problems as well

It is intermittent as I had these immediately Martins mention  and this one Phone contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 82

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Definitely intermittent - @Cleoriff's last post triggered an email straight away!
But before that the mention's at 11:19 and 11:42 yesterday came through at 9:18 and 9:23 this morning!
Confucious say oh waht's occuring?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 43 of 82

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yep, same here @Martin-O2, your post came through within 20 minutes. So there is hope 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 44 of 82

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It's internment for me too. Got 2 notifications from this thread right away but a the same time a mention from 3pm yesterday. Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 45 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Latest report.

It appears to be slowly sorting itself. Most threads I have posted on today, emails have come in immediately (or within 20mins)

I think the system is still playing catch up though....those I didn't get yesterday are still popping up today.

Wait and see scenario I think....Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not sure what's happened but I got a mention email and I haven't changed anything. .

Message 47 of 82

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the update guys. Lets keep an eye on it over the weekend and hopefully the platform provider will have it resolved by then. 

signature

Message 48 of 82

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

After a couple of hours siesta (lol) I came back to 43 emails in my inbox. All current and up to date. Now for the job of sorting and deleting duplicates...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

After a couple of hours siesta (lol) I came back to 43 emails in my inbox. All current and up to date. Now for the job of sorting and deleting duplicates...wink

Mass delete.....

Message 50 of 82