cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifetime Sim

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a lifetime contract sim for which i paid an upfront fee. I havent' used this sim for a while now but i keep recieving bills for around 70-90p a month even thought i no longer use this sim. I'm getting a bit annoyed because i'm paying for a sim i don't even use. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even if you don't use your sim card you're still going to get charged your line rental every month. You've contracted o2 to provide you with a service, which they're doing, it's your choice whether you actually make use of it or not. If you don't want to pay for it, call up and cancel it.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the point of getting the lifetime sim was that i make a one off payment and don't pay any line rental. I only pay for the calls i make.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggest a call to customer services and ask what the charges are actually for. It's rather ambiguous at the moment.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi this is my first post. Felt compelled when I saw this LoL.
Think I have the very same sim.

No you should not be paying a penny if you are not using it !

Starting using mine again 6 mnth ago after it had not been used for 3 yr ( use it now instead of a pay and go)

Here is the interesting part - did you know that you are entitled to an upgrade every 3 yrs?

Register to view your bills online so you can see your bills. Apply for an upgrade and pick what you want. I got offered £150 credited to my account or a Nokia 5800 I like new gadgets LOL guess what I got.

BTW when you got yours was it with the old Nokia 3310 ?

Graham
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even if you don't use your sim card you're still going to get charged your line rental every month. You've contracted o2 to provide you with a service, which they're doing, it's your choice whether you actually make use of it or not. If you don't want to pay for it, call up and cancel it.

Poster is on a PUFL tariff. Give customer services a call, I had one like this with a customer and it was for some reason that a 50p bill hadn't been paid since about 2007 and it kept rolling over, I only remember it because I was amazed the system hadn't added a bar.
Message 6 of 6