cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do think it is lack of foresight by o2 to remove Tu-Go without having a suitable alternative in place. I am deaf and rely heavily on texts for communicating with others, especially when I am on call for work. I live in a rural area in SW Scotland so my mobile signal is nil in the house - so I was very dependant in Tu-Go - this was one of the reasons I chose o2. I have a Sony Experia phone - when will I be able to send and recieve texts over the wi-fi network?? Alternatively, is there any way of boosting my mobile signal at home?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You only option is to plead with O2 to allow you to have a boostbox.
Some customers have been allowed and others refused, so no consistency, but all you can do is ty.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous You didn't specify exactly where you live, but another alternative might be to see what kind of coverage you would get with either EE or Three, who both offer texting over WiFi.

We are all customers here, and we sympathise with all those who have been affected by this short-sighted decision by O2 to end a service that was vitally important to many customers. I hope you can get coverage with one of the other networks.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Following on from the post by @Bambino get free sims online to check the best network for signal. 

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

The boost box seems to be the best option but I see that it is only supplied to business customers. I also feel that they should be available to deaf people as a reasonable adjustment for accessibility

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Some customers have been moved onto business accounts in order to get one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6