Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Topics: 16
Kudos: 18

Lack of Voicemail Remote Access Alerts on O2

This is something I'm very disappointed about since coming back to O2 this year after 10 years with EE / T-Mobile / Orange.

I had a stalking issue and part of that was that I used to get my Voicemail hacked by my ex partner. I loved when this feature first came to light that I got a text message notification to tell me that my Voicemail had been accessed from another phone.

I don't know why O2 never adopted this, especially when all that newspaper hacking scandal came to light some years back.

I think Voicemail needs an overhaul in general, that old crackly voiceover has been there since the BT Cellnet days, when I had my first pay as you go phone back in the 90s! It hardly sounds 4G voice quality!
Community Manager

Re: Lack of Voicemail Remote Access Alerts on O2

Hey @SamsungFanBoy 

Thanks a lot for posting your feedback about this, much appreciated. We'll make sure to pass on your comments! Don't hesitate to post again if you have any additional thoughts to share at any point. 👍

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets avaialble on Prioirty!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Community Manager

Hi again @SamsungFanBoy  and all, further to my above reply, I got the below response from our Voicemail guys. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your feedback on our Voicemail service @SamsungFanBoy 
With regards to the security aspect, you can only access your voicemail on another device providing you know your Voicemail PIN number. Upon three failed attempts, your Voicemail Mailbox is then locked immediately and an SMS notification is sent to your phone. If you’re ever in a situation where this happens to you, we’d recommend calling from your O2 phone and setting a new unique 4-digit PIN for your mailbox immediately.
In all test instances our team are able to clearly hear the instructions and greetings on our voicemail service, so with regards to updating this to HD Voice quality, there are no current plans to do so.

Community highlights:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets avaialble on Prioirty!
Instant Winners is back! - Enter the weekly prize draw every Friday!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 544

Thanks for that @Marjo, if it ain't broke.....