Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G3 Update

E-Z
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a G3 that I got unlocked (switched to TalkMobile). Am I correct in saying that the updates will still be coming from o2 servers? The only branding I can see on the phone is the o2 arena wallpaper, which doesn't have any writing on it, just fireworks and a few bubbles in the bottom right corner coming out of it.

Does anyone have firmware versions that can help me identify it as o2 firmware?

On a seperate note it's just been updated to Software Ver: V20f-DEC-23-2014.

Android ver: 5.0

Baseband ver: MPSS.DI.2.0.1.c1.13-00048-M8974AAAAANPZM-1

Kernel ver: 3.4.0

Build No: LRX21R.A1419313395

Software ver: V20f-234-10

Does anyone know what's been done? On the update description it just said "google patch".

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have a look here to see if it helps? http://www.mylgphones.com/lg-g3-firmware-checking-the-software-version-and-update-history
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

E-Z
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've had a look at that site before but couldn't find anything relating to my phone, then again I don't understand where to find the suffix, if it's the hardware info, mine just says LG-D855.

I did however just type the product code on my box into google and it turned up a G3 in the o2 business shop, I asked the person I bought it from and he says it used to be on a business contract.

So I guess the questions now, are business contract phones on different firmware and do they receive updates faster or slower, or even direct from the manufacturer?

Also does the standard 12 month warranty apply or do business phones get extended ones?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
LG warranty is 2 years on everything and the O2 firmware will be the same regardless of contract type.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

E-Z
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just got another software update.

The message says it's an update for "Apps" and "Google Patch".

V20h-JAN-23-2015

Android Version: 5.0

Baseband version: MPSS.DI.2.0.1.c1.13-00048-M8974AAAAANPZM-1

Kernel version: 3.4.0

Build number: LRX21R.A1422018487

Software version: V20h-234-10

So far the only difference I've noticed is the Material Design home buttons, which don't look very nice in my opinion.

Hopefully the Wi-Fi issues have been fixed this time as it's really annoying when it disconnects by itself whilst I'm using it.

Message 5 of 10

E-Z
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Does anyone know if o2 plan on releasing the v20p firmware?

I still haven't got v20i, so I assume o2 have either stopped supporting the G3 or v20i was skipped for some reason.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Only @Chris_K would know.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

E-Z
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As I couldn't message Chris_K directly, I just spoke to a Guru over Live Chat and she said they plan to release it at the beginning of next month.

Although I do know of the Live Chats reputation being full of lies, as I've experienced in the past, so I won't hold her to it.

Message 8 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @E-Z

Sorry to hear you feel that you've been lied to in the past by Live chat, but it would never have been intentional.

If and when myself and the team has more info on the LG G3 update.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If there is no official word as yet from the people in the know, I would hazard a guess chat were just winging it....

Message 10 of 10