Did you mean: 

Kudos / Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I am asking this in the open

I cannot understand why people post in there signature or in a thread to mark as a solution or Kudos.

These forums worked very well before this was introduced and asking for a solution to be marked / kudos given is just petty and goes against the grain for the thousands of posts that have not been included in the past that are still available as a resource made by many other posters (if the old posts had kudos / solutions several of the regulars would now be at the top level rather than some down as very low rank).

If you are one of those people it is not a personal attack just my take on how the community has failed the longstanding contribuitors.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I've said to you before in private but will now say in public, with the current Admin set up, I don't believe the forum format will change as drastically as some of us would like.

I prefer the previous format (the only problem with it was the spam levels), the Beta format of this forum was acceptable but this current version I dislike.

Message 2 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have never liked the kudos system and I dislike intensely the posts asking for them. No need for it at all, asking for kudos to 'climb the ladder' seems to be borne of desperation. I too preferred the old forum format but have adapted to the change and suppose I will continue to do so.

Shame, they call it progress. How can asking for kudos ever be right?

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to add my agreement to everything which has been said in this thread.
But if you dislike kudos there is the option not to show them in your badge. Personally I don't think this is a suitable answer, don't know what is, so I've about given up on this forum.

Still waiting for the promised review of the changes, suspect that's something which is not going to happen now.

Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I dislike intensely the posts asking for them. How can asking for kudos ever be right?

I think it's a bit like begging.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But if you dislike kudos there is the option not to show them in your badge.

Cheers......I'd forgotten that

Message 6 of 20

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally., I think the review will have taken place and it's carry on regardless. Whether to adapt is a personal choice. For me, the forum fills a terrible void in my life at the moment, how long it continues to do this depends on whatever else is is dropped from a great height on me this year.

Message 7 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Mine is now off.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

and mine including solutions

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 20