cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kingston upon Hull and 4G Calling (VoLTE)

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As it turned out in my city, there is no support for 4G Calling (VoLTE). Does O2 plan to provide this service and when?

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Nothing yet I'm afraid @BigDaddyUK. Your question is with the team and I'm waiting for a response. I'll drop you a mention as soon as I have anything. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 46

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. About 1 month gone and still no any answer!??
Message 12 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm guessing they don't know.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 46

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Still no news I'm afraid @BigDaddyUK. These roll outs can be subject to short notice charges so it can be hard to get confirmation but I'll chase this again for you today. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 14 of 46

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I understand that it is not the main options, but additional. But nevertheless, if you look at the maps of the O2 service, then you will see that there is no VoLTE service (4G Calling) on all sea side, in the North of England in the South!!!

Message 15 of 46

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @BigDaddyUK, I received a response to your query. Not specific to your area unfortunately but this is the update the team were able to provide. 

"We are continuing with our 4G calling roll-out and just this month, we’ve activated a lot more locations. Unfortunately switching on 4G calling in a location isn’t as easy as just flicking a switch for somewhere that already has 4G – it requires a lot of analysis and testing from our network team to ensure the feature works as expected and intended, and provides a positive customer experience. That said, the team are now working on analysing more 4G locations where we may be able to switch 4G calling on for in the future and we’ll keep you posted once progress is made.

We’re sorry we’re unable to give you any specifics for Kingston upon Hull, but remember you can still make use of Wifi calling anywhere in the UK that you have a strong Wifi connection."

signature

Message 16 of 46

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This was on main page, like new 4G locations... yahoo

About everything and nothing! Thanks anyway! I hope for the time of my contract (24 months) that it will change!

Message 17 of 46

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@BigDaddyUK Sorry I couldn't get a bit more detail for you on this occasion. 

The roll out is ongoing so with a bit of luck it will reach you soon. We're posting regular updates on the Community too. Have a look here

signature

Message 18 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Told ya tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 46

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I knooow. 🤣🤣🤣
Message 20 of 46