cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K850i startup problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

New to the forum, and looking for any help to try and get my handset working again.
I've got a SE K850i, the 4th since my contract began, and when I came to check for messages this morning the screen had switched itself off but the keypad was still lit.
Removed the battery and switched on again several times to no avail. Has most recent updates installed. Bit of a pain as all my contacts are on the mem stick and can't gain access (even the ones backed up on the SE software).

Anyone else had this problem and got a fix?

Failing this my contract is up soon so any recommendations on a decent tough camera phone welcome...

Cheers

Howie
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Hi,
New to the forum, and looking for any help to try and get my handset working again.
I've got a SE K850i, the 4th since my contract began, and when I came to check for messages this morning the screen had switched itself off but the keypad was still lit.
Removed the battery and switched on again several times to no avail. Has most recent updates installed. Bit of a pain as all my contacts are on the mem stick and can't gain access (even the ones backed up on the SE software).
Anyone else had this problem and got a fix?
Failing this my contract is up soon so any recommendations on a decent tough camera phone welcome...
Cheers
Howie

Sorry to advise, this is the most problamatic phone se has made and there are many many forum topics on this phone and this problem.
If you also go to google and type in k850i problems its a worldwide problem.

im sorry to say that your only way round is to rebrand your phone using the seus service on the web. If you however dont want to do this, then i would take it into a service center.

Anything on the phone you will have lost tho, anything on the memory card is fine as long as the phone hasnt corrupted it.

The k850i and the new c905 as per se them selves have had or are having huge returns.

This website may also help you

http://www.whatmobile.net/News/generaln ... stion.html
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply, looks as though its time for a replacement.
Tricky to know what to get, tried the LG Renoir today and really liked it, just not that sure a touchscreen phone is for me though, not convinced it can take the few knocks its sure to get...
Cheers
Message 3 of 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
ive had the renoir since the first day it came out in oct and luv every day with it.

Not had one ounce of problem with the phone. Its been the most behaved phone ive ever own since my first nokia 5110.

Would i buy another lg, oh yes with out any problems now
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
This website may also help you
http://www.whatmobile.net/News/generaln ... stion.html

Thanks for that link, very useful site :robotwink:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the K850i and have had the screen replaced three times, under warranty. Every time they replace it all the settings are set to factory default, so any info on the phone is definitely lost. Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 6