cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just to say thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey.

I just wanted to express my appreciation and pass on a thank you to O2 - this seemed like the best place to do so.

I've been on O2 refresh for the last couple of years with an iPhone 5s 64Gb on an Unlimited minutes & texts with 5Gb of 4G data plan.

I'd been considering the iPhone 6s Plus for some time, decided I would initiate a Live Chat via the website last week during my lunch hour at work. The plan I was interested in was for Unlimited minutes & texts with 20Gb of 4G data per month. This was £9.99 upfront and £64 per month. More than I wanted to pay if I'm honest as I don't use that much data, but still an OK deal when comparing the competition for the iPhone 6s Plus 128Gb.

To be honest, the purpose of my live chat was to see if I could get a better deal. Not expecting to be succesful, but I had an hour to kill.

Regrettably I didn't make a note of the representative's name but he was polite and courteous. The chat session ended with me being offered the plan I wanted (as above) but with no upfront charge and at £59 per month. This equates to a saving of £129.99 over the 2 years. Not only that, but I had 2 years of accidental damage insurance included at no charge rather than £5/month.

The phone arrived the next day, sealed in the iPhone box with a new SIM. Followed the "Sim Swap" instructions and my number was moved to the new SIM within about 5 minutes.

From not really expecting a better deal (I ultimately would have paid the full price, I guess), I made a nice saving.

Therefore I would just like to say "Thank You" and keep up the good work!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Good hear - just goes to show that if you don't ask you don't get slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions