Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just An Idea: Change Colour Of Text Bubbles On Apple Devices

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I think Apple should allow its users to decide on the colours of the text bubbles. 

Currently iMessages are blue and text messages are green. 

It'd be nice if we could decide what colours were used.  Some people detest the colour green. 

I suggest red or pink text bubbles for everyone slight_smile

I think it would be a good feature for Apple to add to allow users to personalise their device more. slight_smile

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gemz

I agree it would be nice if apple allowed this in its stock settings.

The way Apple see their iOS is that a person used to it can pick up any Apple device with iOS on it and recognise how it works and understands its features.
Message 2 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another example of why people like Android: Different phones give you different options like that, and if you don't like the ones you are provided with you can download a different free messaging app that does!

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Phillpark

The changing of message bubbles could cause some conusion. Ie Blue is the ios Known indication for iMessage where a user knows they don't get charged for sending emoticons and pictures via that way as they would do by sms.

That part of iOS is sandboxed by Apple but I like others think it should be relaxed a little.

The changing of bubble colours can be achieved but not on a stock vanilla iPhone / iPad. 😉
Message 4 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If you want freedom of choice, buy android.
If you're happy to follow others, buy Apple - Simples slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That's basically it, with android comes a wealth of different options, especially if you install customizable launchers which, unlike IOS require no rooting to install.
Message 6 of 25

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

There are features with Apple that Android don't have and vice versa so it's each to their own slight_smile

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true Gemz and I like both platforms as well as windows too for their own attributes.
Message 8 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gemz4the1 wrote:

There are features with Apple that Android don't have and vice versa so it's each to their own slight_smile

Such as.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Such as for one I like the UI layout better of iOS than Android.

The menu system for me seems simpler to navigate around.

Message 10 of 25