Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined o2 recently

Daryllmca
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Joined o2 from ee and id mobile last month, took our 2 iphone xr contracts. After taking the contracts out i seen a better carphone warehouse deal through o2 a lot cheaper with more data, i called o2 to see if they could do increase my data a little so i didnt have to cancel and return the 2 contracts i took out, they would not budge at all and were happy for me to cancel these, as one was a gift i chose not to. I then recieved a second line discount that nobody told me about until i called. This discount does not apply to your first bill which i think is terrible. They also applied it to the slightly cheaper contract even thought they knew it was the main number and not the second account. Call centres are abroad and a nightmare to get through the automated part. Also data does not roll over, cannot believe i am tied in for 2 years with this awful company. I wish id left when i had the chance.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Daryllmca
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Phoned up to change my billing date from the 23rd to the 30th and was told i would have to pay a pro rata charge equal to one months device bill, outrageous.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Daryllmca If, as you say, you chose not to cancel, I'm not sure what your point is? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also @Daryllmca  if you change your billing date to something later, then you will be expected to pay a pro rata charge.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Daryllmca
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only as one was a gift that i had already given, i didnt have the heart to say i was sending it back to apply for a different contract basically from the same company. All i asked was a slight data increase. Also they applied the discount sneakily to the cheaper contract even though they knew it was the main number.
Message 5 of 9

Daryllmca
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
But my bill runs from the 8th of the month to the 8th the next month, why does making my payment a week later have any effect?
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Daryllmca 

You said above you changed from 23rd to 30th. That's a week later. O2 have the right to ask for that 1 week payment.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Daryllmca 

Sorry to hear you are disappointed.

With gifts and "sweetners" I always think there is a sting in the tail!

For me I think it is always better to have a straight forward deal.

Good Luck 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Daryllmca 

Pro rata billing is pretty much a standard across providers that levy a monthly service charge when you ask for a billing arrangement change such as changing your billing date or tarriff.

That includes the likes of home phone, broadband and TV companies.

The reason you might find a more competitive deal from the likes of Carphone Warehouse or an independent dealer is they will be paid a commission for the new connection (all of the network providers do this) and may well also get a cut of your monthly spend, a portion of this they may use to lower what they charge you or increase what they include.

Message 9 of 9