Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the Free Screen Replacement Insurance - REPUTATIONAL DAMAGE

highflight3479
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else had issues with the free screenreplacement cover on the Iphone X 256gb?

I have been trying for two weeks to claim but keep getting todl that they cant because its "not in stock" i could appreciate if i ahd bouht the full phone isnurance they might want to replace the phone but i dont want that i want the service that was offered which was a replacement screen - that should be simple enough to source as Apple could fit me in this afternoon!

This just isnt good enough and is misselling of a financial product!!!!!!!

HELP anyone

Marc

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @highflight3479

Maybe you should tell your insurers that you will get Apple to replace the screen and sent them the bill. If they O2 can't fulfil their end of the bargain it seems this is the only option open to you.

You are paying for a service your aren't getting. Just see what they have to say....

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

highflight3479
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WOuld that i could have tried that and apparently O2 insurance is run by a copany called Brightstar who are sticking to the "it's not our faut O2 have misold our product"

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
How can something free be missing sold?
The t&C's state repair or replace so they are choosing to replace.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

highflight3479
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 its part of the wider package purchased so it is "sold" it was also my priamry reason for taking on a more expensive tarrif - its basic contract law.

At this stage i'd be quite happy to take the replacement handset but they cant gaurentee when it will be in stock - could be months they have acknowledged; they have been quick to tell me that if the phone sufferes any damage as a result of the broken screen (dust getting in to the inside componants for example) then they are unable to process the claim and this will be my fault even though there will have been a delay on thier part.

Basically they arent giving the product advertised which was a screen replacement and the alternative of replacement equipment also cant be provided and they cant give any idea on the timescale in which they can provide it.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I agree the time to replace is the issue, but that's all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All covered in the t&c

“4. Details of Your cover
If Your Equipment is Damaged during the Term of Cover, We will at Our discretion either:
(a) Repair Your Equipment; or
(b) Replace Your Equipment with a product of the same or a similar specification, as determined by Us. Replacement Equipment might be a different colour or model from a different manufacturer. It may be new, re-furbished, re-manufactured or re-packaged by a repair centre approved by Us.
If You make a valid Claim and We decide to provide You with Replacement Equipment, wherever possible We will replace Your Equipment with a model of a similar specification – this might be a different colour or different model from a different Manufacturer.
In the event that We are unable to replace Your Equipment with the exact model, We accept no responsibility for delay should You decide to wait for an exact replacement rather than accept a model of similar specification.”

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 8

NigelH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish I could, but I was never offered this product when I got my phone in 2018 (Samsung Galaxy S9, 25Gb tariff) despite it being available. When I queried it I was told I had to specifically request it. Nice to know...

Message 8 of 8