cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the network down?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Kent (ME Postcode) and my phone is doing nothing!

its connected to 02, but can't recieve text messages, send them or make and recieve any calls at all, just get "message barred" when i try to send a text or a scretching when i try to make a call 😞

Is anyone else having these problems?

Mikey
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its been down all morning for me in Paddington West London.

Our normal landlines are down too which is a little worrying, does this mean O2's service is not actually mobile but somehow linked into the local BT landlines?

Its very annoying, sent them an email and they guy told me to reset my iphone and phone customer service. I had previously told him i had a palm pre and also that the landlines were down. Sort it out O2 and employ some decent staff in the future!
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a major fire at a BT facility in London. This is affecting landlines, internet, data lines, O2 and Vodafone. Check the O2 status updates for details. The easiest way is to follow @o2 on twitter. You can get more info from BT (@btcare).
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is whilst roaming in Lithuania since about 2pm UK time. Tried contacting O2 but they say no problems. This happened last year but they said the same but it was their problem in the end. Will be leaving O2 as soon as I can.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It can affect your roaming. This problem isn't really o2's fault. When calls are made they will be routed through the exchange (that had the fire), it could happen to any network.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
The latest news is that as a result of the fire, there was a water leak resulting in damage to other areas of the building. Service is disrupted for some O2, Vodafone, various ISPs, 45,000 VoIP lines, some phone lines over a large area and various other services.
They are trying to re-route data traffic, but it will be Tuesday before everything is back to normal.
I don't know at what point O2 and Vodafone will be re-routed, I imagine they will be sorted more quickly.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suggest you take a look at the full story HERE.

It appears that things may not be back to normal until Tuesday 6/1/10 after the Easter break.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
One fire and half the country's telecoms is at its knees.

I suppose we're lucky it wasn't in the hub in the Docklands.

I know that redundancy costs £££, but it seems a bit frustrating that such core hubs are so vulnerable.
Message 8 of 8