cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to talk to a person in sales?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've tried calling 202 but all I get is some labyrinthine menu system that is no use nor ornament. All I want to do is buy a phone. I'm surprised how hard it is.

Chat is no good - it's too slow.

Thanks

M

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you are much better going in to your local store to get a new phone 

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the online 'shop' for then? I can see what I want to get.... I just need a 5 min talk with someone to ask some questions.

It would take me the best part of two hours to get to the local shop, sort it out and get back again. I don't have time for that. When I started this process I really did think it would take no more than about 20 mins. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Unfortunately it’s called contact avoidance and employed by many companies these days!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11962 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
You could always try asking your questions here @Anonymous - we may be able to help so long as they are not directly account related...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122129 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Usually the best time to call is between  8-8.30am.

However after 'Black Friday' it's now 'Cyber Monday' (according to emails I have been getting)

All that aside, any Monday is the busiest time to call O2.  I wouldn't order via live chat either (personal opinion)

Sorry.. but you will just have to persevere @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

The online shop is a bit misleading. They say the devices are in stock but 50% of the time actually are out of stock. O2 don’t employ a live stock system 

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The online shop is a bit misleading. They say the devices are in stock but 50% of the time actually are out of stock. O2 don’t employ a live stock system 

Very true. Call 202 and immediately press zero. 

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous! Did you manage to buy your new phone in the end?

Message 9 of 9