cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to block a blocked/withheld number?

Dabhand
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also get fed up with Blocked or Withheld numbers calling my mobile, if the caller is withheld or Unknow or Blocked it usually means they are hiding the number deliberately and 9 times out of 10 you wish you had never answered the call. At the moment I don't think Apple IOS have anything in place as a solution to block Blocked or Withheld callers, however just as a tip to those that don't know this cunning trick, whenever you have a withheld or blocked incoming call on your iPhone never press the sleep /wake button to shut it up ringing, as the caller (or sometimes robot autodial) will know that you have responded by cancelling the call etc, this will not end their persitance.

Instead, when you get an incoming call from a withheld- blocked- unknown number or even if you are busy and cannot answer a known caller, press the volume down button on any iPhone or cellular ios device, this will silence the call for you, yet the caller (or autodial robot) will assume it is still ringing and then go over to you mailbox, they will not know you have declined the call, to the caller it still apears to be ringing! Ending the call abruptly is not ony rude if a friend or known contact calls you but Autodial computer robots won't get offended but they will keep on pestering you!

You can put this method to the test by asking a friend to call your mobile when you are together, caller puts theirs on speaker phone, your phone rings, press Volume down button, your phone is silenced, their phone continues to be calling you!

Or even (UK only) try this one, ask a friend to manually dial your mobile number but this time ask him or her tap in 141 before your mob number ie. mob nr 0777 0000000       tap in 1410777 0000000 You will see a withheld call coming in, tap the volume down button, caller still thinks its ringing your end but no you have silenced it! Easy.. Hope this helps someone, I use it all the time & believe me the nuisance pests soon give up! *  _  *

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought pressing the power button on an iPhone silences the ringer?
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
One press silences, two presses ends call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3