Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irony

Oh2joy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just received a text from O2 saying they tried to call about upgrading but couldn't get through and I should arrange another time to talk to them.

Well, one of the few nice features about most spam is that it organises itself. I don't have to put much effort into it. I have never had to schedule it before.

Putting that aside for one moment, my phone has been switched on and by my side most of the time. I live in a semi rural area, so I have never complained about the very patchy coverage I receive. I get it - it is hard engineering (well, not as profitable as town coverage anyway).

The real irony here is that O2 seems to be complaining to me about the quality of their service.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They probably haven't tried at all but it's worded to make you think you're missing out on something important.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Oh2joy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Possibly.

I went to reply to their text and the phone warned me that I might be billed for it (who knows if it is a premium number, 21214, I didn't check so I didn't send it). So, it looks like I have to arrange a time and pay to be spammed at.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I'd missed such an important call and the chance to go onto a business contract......

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Oh2joy Any cold call you may get from O2 will most likely be from one of O2's so-called 'trusted partners', who, in reality, are not to be trusted at all under any circumstance. If you want to upgrade, either contact customer service by phone, so you know for certain that it's O2 you're actually speaking to, or call in to your nearest local O2 store, however near or far that may be. It's the only way to ensure you're not being upgraded to a contract you don't want.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Oh2joy
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't trust them.

I am not interested in upgrading. I upgraded recently. Therefore some algorithm somewhere has decided that I am interested in upgrades and now would be the perfect time to make me upgrade.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Exactly....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7