Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipolis app on Iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ipolis App

Options

on ‎27-11-2015 13:23

Whats the deal with the Ipolis app when used on O2 4G, it works perfectly on my mates Iphone 6 on EE but does not work when connected on my Iphone 6 on the O2 4G network. 

The app works fine when connected to WiFi.

The message displayed is "cannot connect" which is erroneous as it is in fact already connected and should really display cannot show video.

I have tried reducing the quality and hence the band width required but this has no effect.

The above was the starting point to being roundly ignored by CS, so I am hoping that someone can help here as O2 are unwilling to admit to hiden service restrictions?

kind regards dave

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From other posts it appears to be blocked on o2.
I suggest you call cs and ask them to investigate - the more that report it the more likely they will address the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
From other posts it appears to be blocked on o2.
I suggest you call cs and ask them to investigate - the more that report it the more likely they will address the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Didn't you ask a similar question here?.....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apps/Ipolis-App/m-p/930270

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ahhhh, same person wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for the quick response, if others have found the same issue surely there would be a stock answer somewhere?

Don't O2 have experts looking in on these community sites to help?

Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22945 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. O2 doesn't monitor this site. There are some very knowledgeable people here, but none that work for O2 except for one or two who contribute on a personal level. They will have that stated in their signature. Your best bet for an answer to your query is to speak to customer service, as @MI5 has suggested.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The stock answer is that o2 currently block the ports used by the app.
You need to get onto cs to unblock it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The stock answer is that o2 currently block the ports used by the app.
You need to get onto cs to unblock it.

Good luck actually getting through to someone who can actually understand or to get it actioned.

Message 8 of 8