cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone still not unlocked, thanks o2

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 quote 72 hours max to unlock your phone.

First requested unlock from O2 on the 3rd Dec, O2 failed to get it unlock by the 6 Dec.

7 Dec had to request it again, 10 Dec Still not unlocked.

Whatever you do, request it unlocked well before you ever need it!!

O2 are effectively holding me to ransom, illegally. I should be free to have my phone unlocked within a reasonable time frame. Now i have a non working phone, thanks to me assuming they actually meant 72 hours max

Its now been 7 days so far.

BEWARE.

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Very occasionally there are issues, for various reasons, but on the whole the unlock process is very smooth. However, I agree, you should get your phone unlocked as soon as you think about it, even if you don't wish to use another sim immediately. That way it will already be unlocked for when you do need it.

Have you used the online form or called CS to speak to an agent as it seems that Live Chat can be unreliable for unlocking requests.....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which iPhone are you using?

Message 3 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried an alternative SIM card in the phone just to check.
Message 4 of 57

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you are having issues using the form or live chat ring o2 and talk to them in another thread it was done almost imediatly.

Which iphone is it?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 57

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Worth noting that in an iPhone 5 or above you don't need iTunes anymore. You just put another sim in once the request has gone through successfully and away you go......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast replies.

Ive done it via O2 chat, three times, now transferred to a 'supervisor' aparently.

Im told now it will take 10 more days as there is a team for failed unlocks lol. Why am i not suprised there is a team for these failures.

so potentially 20 days from request.

Iphone 4, and yes ive tried itunes, many time with the last 7 days thanks.

Yes i have an non O2 sim in the phone all the time, as my number ported after the first 72 hours, as i assumed 72 hours was actually the max and i assumed it would acutally work.

Message 7 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

we normally do not recommend the live chat

always better results after speaking to CS over the phone

sorry you have to wait that long, hopefully it will get sorted soon!

Message 8 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Chat has 'esculated' it and its promising it will be done within 24 hours. why am i not that confident.

I used to love O2, and was a long time user. Because of this i will think twice about ever returning.

Message 9 of 57

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You really do need to call into CS.
Probably get done within 10 mins.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 57